Types of personal data and purpose of their processing by Mellon
Mellon collects and, in general, processes your personal data for direct marketing purposes, including newsletters. Processing your personal data allows us to communicate with you via mail, email, or text messages. The personal data that we collect for these purposes may include general identification and contact information, such as your name, address, email address and your phone number.
Legal basis for use of your personal data
We collect, use and disclose your personal data only if:
- you have given your consent to the processing of your personal data for this purpose; or
- the processing of your personal data is necessary for the purposes of legitimate interests pursued by Mellon, which override your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms which require protection of the personal data.
Moreover, to the extent permitted by law and without your consent being required, we are allowed to use: (a) personal data that we collect from publicly available sources in order to communicate with you by phone for the above processing purpose, after confirming that you have not declared to your telecommunication provider that you do not want to receive this kind of calls in general; or (b) your email contact information which were lawfully collected, in the context of the sale of goods or services or any other transaction with Mellon, for the fulfilment of the above processing purpose.
Sharing your personal data
We do not share personal data with third parties apart from: (a) Mellon Group companies; (b) third companies, which operate on behalf of Mellon, as processors, in the context of an executed contract of confidentiality and protection of personal data; and (c) third parties to which Mellon is obliged to transfer your data under the legislative provisions.
Regarding your personal data, you have the following rights:
- right of access, right to rectification, right to erasure, right to restriction of processing, right to object to processing, as well as right to data portability;
- right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority; and
- right to withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data for the purpose of this Policy.
Retention Period of your personal data
Your personal data shall be retained as long as needed or required under any applicable legislation. In case we process your personal data on the basis of your consent, we will continue this processing until withdrawal of this consent.