Gemalto's EMV contact and contactless cards offer is built on several levels of specifications and options.
- Clarista is our entry-level EMV card, designed for basic payment applications. It is a cost- effective offer that combines Gemalto's security expertise and card personalization.
- Optelio includes advanced payment cards that give financial institutions the option to go beyond payment, by adding applications to their cards.
- Desineo is our offer for fully customizable payment cards built in accordance with your specifications.
Dynamic Code Verification (DCV) card
Gemalto’s next generation payment card improves security by removing the weakest link in the Card Not Present (CNP) payment chain. The card allows Issuers to show their commitment to bring its cardholders stronger security while strongly decreasing the CNP Fraud management costs they bear. It is a classic contact or contactless EMV payment card that displays a dynamic security code, automatically changing over time without the cardholder’s intervention.
EMV card with fingerprint biometrics
With a fingerprint sensor right on the card body, paying with an EMV card just got easier than ever before:
- with a simple touch, no need to enter a PIN code on the Point-of-Sales (POS) Terminal to perform a payment transaction, both in contact mode and in contactless mode
- no more limit on contactless payment transactions! The users are securely authenticated with their fingerprint and can enjoy the convenience of contactless for any amount
- no upgrade is required on the POS, as the biometrics check is directly performed on the biometric card and nowhere else
PURE is a scheme-agnostic EMV application that private-label card issuers and national payment associations can use without the need to enter into a business agreement with another payment scheme.
Thanks to its strong R&D capability, Gemalto has managed to condense the technology that enables a contactless card to speak to a reader into a tiny piece of secure payment technology so that it can be integrated into a range of products in all kind of shapes and sizes.
Gemalto enables banks to take their place as a leading innovator, with the Optelio banking operating system and complete range of contactless applications. Customized to your needs or ready to roll-out as Stickers or as PayBands integrating Gemalto’s MiniTag and MicroTag with total ease-of-use.
An easy to use and reliable tool to enhance customer loyalty, increase traffic, attract new customers, acquire statistical data, and promote your brand.
With a variety of amazing materials, shapes and styles for the cards and packaging, you can create unique designs that will attract attention.
Matica’s comprehensive instant issuance solutions provide the opportunity to personalize cards in real-time at the branch level and to deliver immediately into consumers’ hands. As a feature of improved in-branch experience service, this ‘immediacy’ helps to galvanise the modernization of bank branches. It helps customer retention by serving them in a fast-moving digital era, so the choice of the right instant issuing solution is critically important.
Benefits for the banks:
- Cost savings in mailing since debit or credit cards are no longer mailed
- Immediate purchase power; cards activated in branch
- Further revenue possibilities through instant allocation
- Customer loyalty
- Reduction of inactive cards
Benefits for the card holders:
- Immediacy of collecting the debit or credit card in branch, avoid long waiting times
- Reduced risk of mail fraud
- Activation done on collection
- Cardholder can use card right away
- Quick replacement of lost or stolen cards
When high speed issuance is required, reliability and flexibility are the keys to success. Matica's central issuance products meet and exceed these requirements, able to print, encode and emboss over 2000 cards per hour. These systems are completely modular and can be upgraded in the field by adding the module that is needed.
These systems can be configured in any way that is needed to personalize cards quickly and efficiently. They can be linked to our mailing systems to provide a complete turnkey system.
- Credit & debit cards
- Membership cards
- Loyalty & gift cards
- Security cards
- Prepaid telephone cards
- Insurance cards
- Prepaid cards
- Patient, visitor and staff ID