The largest exhibition for the mobile industry is not mobile exclusive anymore. MWC Barcelona (formerly Mobile World Congress) brings together the latest innovations and leading-edge technology from more than 2,400 leading companies, with a highly-rated conference programme assembling today’s visionaries to explore the hottest topics influencing the industry.
As every year, our team visited Barcelona and had the chance to explore what our partners and other tech giants are developing for the present and future of our industry. Below you’ll find the key takeaways from George Panou, our Group Innovation Director.
- 5G was clearly the main attraction as it will be the common ground for the upcoming technologies "5G a future beyond imagination" Read more here
- Internet of Things(IoT) the convergence of Information Technology and Operations Technology leveraging 5G networks will connect devices providing information with no latency in real time. Read more here
- Augmented Reality or Mixed Reality with Microsoft HoloLens2 will also leverage 5G networks to provide real life holograms and help professionals deliver accurate and up to date services. Read more here
- Real-time predictive Analytics use the information provided by IOT devices for real time predictions improving customer experience. Read more here
- Biometric Authentication will change the norms of on-boarding and login providing increased security and convenience. Read more here
- PIN on the glass; Ingenico presented a PoC enabling secure NFC payments on consumer-off-the-shelf devices with a dedicated app. Read more here